Thursday, April 21, 2011

In Wastenaw County no child custody when parent convicted of sexual charges (810) 235-1970

In Wastenaw County the Child Custody Act precludes an award of custody where the parent has been convicted of criminal sexual conduct in the following circumstances:

A biological parent convicted of criminal sexual conduct or assault with intent to commit criminal sexual conduct may not receive custody of the child conceived as a result of that crime (unless the conviction was based solely on the victim’s being between 13 and 16 years old).

However, this does not apply if, after the conviction, the biological parents cohabit and establish a mutual custodial environment for the child. see

A parent convicted of criminal sexual conduct or assault with intent to commit criminal sexual conduct with his or her own child may not receive custody of that child or a sibling of that child, unless both the child’s other parent and the child or sibling (if of sufficient age to express an opinion) consent to custody.
MCL 722.25(2), (3).

We know many people in domestic actions have too much debt. We know its

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Wastenaw Mediation in Family Law, Divorce.

Mediation; arbitration.
by Terry Ray Bankert a Flint Divorce Lawyer Attorney

KNOW YOUR CUSTODY,SUPPORT AND DIVORCE RIGHTS. Michigan Divorce Lawyer , Custody and support.
Friend of the Court mediation.

Must be provided for custody and parenting time disputes; optional use by the parties.

Court rule mediation.

The court may refer any contested issue to mediation, but parties who are subject to personal protection orders or who are involved in child abuse or neglect proceedings may not be referred to mediation without a hearing.

Referral to mediation—by stipulation, a party’s written motion, or the court’s own motion.

Objection to mediation—within 14 days after notice of an order assigning the matter to mediation, by motion and notice of a hearing. The motion must be heard within 14 days unless the court orders otherwise, but it must be heard before the case is submitted to mediation.

Private mediation.

On the parties’ stipulation, the court may order private mediation.


The parties may agree in writing to resolve property, custody, and child support issues. Having agreed, the parties are bound by the decision. The court may vacate the award if
the award was procured by corruption, fraud, or other undue means
there was evident partiality by an arbitrator appointed as a neutral, corruption of an arbitrator, or misconduct prejudicing a party’s rights
the arbitrator exceeded his or her powers
the arbitrator refused to postpone the hearing on a showing of sufficient cause, refused to hear evidence material to the controversy, or otherwise conducted the hearing to substantially prejudice a party’s rights

Attorney Terry R. Bankert based in Flint Michigan. State Wide Divorce practice in mediation. For information about State Wide Family Law issues in your area go to
At my web site there are many Family Law Articles to help you.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Inherited property

Do you from Wastenaw County Michigan know that inherited property can be removed from the marital estate and you do not have to share with your divorcing spouse. Contact a divorce lawyer to protect your rights. By Terry Bankert Flint Divorce Lawyer find at attorneybankert, or dumpmyspouse by googling

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Washtenaw County

PO Box 8645Ann Arbor, MI 48107(734) 994-2400
Area: 710 smEst: 1826Pop: 322,895Pop/sm: 454.8Seat: Ann Arbor

Terry R. Bankert P.C.